Written Assignments

Broad Museum Collection: Image Critique

Nathaniel Mary Quinn - C'mo' and Walk With Me, 2019, black charcoal, gouache, soft pastel, oil pastel on Coventry vellum paper

I chose this piece of art because it is so unique. I’m not sure what I’m looking at, but it piqued my interest. The rest of the artwork was equally impressive. I like how it almost appears to be a small person with fashion sense. It’s almost like Edna from The Incredibles too. I like how the colors aren’t too bright but still appear realistic. I didn’t even notice the different background; it’s three different pictures combined into one.

Job Hunting 

Wildlife and landscape photography are the types of work that I am most interested in. This is due to the fact that it is my preferred method of photography. In addition, in order to be eligible for these positions, I would need prior experience in the industry.

Canon Lens Articles 

“Architectural Photographer” Donna Dotan 

Donna Dotan takes a series of photographs at various times of day or in various weather conditions to tell a more full tale about the building’s relationship with its surroundings. When it comes to photography, having good lighting is always a priority. Great architectural lighting draws attention to a space, a particular structure, or a setting, and thus influences one’s understanding of what matters in that architectural project. Taking the time to find a new angle from which to capture a building’s detail will expose a previously unseen shape or abstraction, resulting in a new degree of beauty. The objectification of a structure to the point that it can only be seen from a single perspective is one of the most serious flaws in architectural photography. Photographing buildings and interior spaces with a wide-angle lens is popular, and using a tripod allows you to shoot in low-light conditions, among other things. The objectification of a structure to the point that it can only be seen from a single perspective is one of the most serious flaws in architectural photography. Photographing buildings and interior spaces with a wide-angle lens is popular, and using a tripod allows you to shoot in low-light conditions, among other things.

“Wildlife Photographer” Ralph Lee Hopkins

The natural universe, in all of its ways, fascinates Ralph Lee Hopkins. Most landscape views are dominated by the vegetable and mineral kingdoms (plants and rocks), but the animal kingdom can also be seen. Though images can only be updated with a clear understanding of what changes are necessary, applications such as Photoshop and Lightroom are easy to use and provide advanced features such as lens correction. A polarizing filter can help images stand out by adding contrast and vibrancy. If the photographer is looking for something more sophisticated, a drone fitted with a high-quality camera might be an interesting option. Backlighting is the practice of placing light behind the subject, with the subject sandwiched between the photographer and the light source. The light shining behind an animal will attract attention to and show the animal’s distinguishing characteristics. It might be luck that you get that once-in-a-lifetime action shot, but luck is what happens when planning meets opportunity. Many wildlife photographers consider themselves to be at the mercy of existing natural light for their portraits, so a flash or LED light are often overlooked options that can add depth to animal photographs.

Your Favorite Photo from 100 Most Influential List

The picture that caught my eye was “A man on the moon” Neil Armstrong, NASA, 1969. There are people that believe nobody went to the moon. That NASA made this all up and i find that interesting. That is why this picture caught my attention. 

Read and Reflect: Why Is Photography So Important

Photography is very important and anyone who disagrees is wrong! Of course you want to remember meaningful moments in life. With out photography there would be no way in seeing how to other side of the world looks like. Photography is a way to see and create something never seen, beautiful! Photography is a hobby and you’d meet a lot of people like you. With a picture you could capture what others may not believe is there or possible. 

Critique of Silver List Photographers

Thus two websites are the sites that show the photographers I’m writing a critique about.

Widline Cadet

This photographer is very talented. I love how each picture could tell a story. It’s hard to pick a favorite. One picture that caught my eye was the pictures that are taking on the oceans. The website is easy to look through. There is more then two picture that he made people look like twins. 

Hugo Teixeira| Selected Works | Selected works (hgtx.net)

This is the type of photography that’s rare. I never seen work done like this and I’m very interested in this. I like hoe this photos are nature more specifically mountains. It makes it seem as if its there. It’s a 3D looks. 

$10,000 B&H Photography Shopping Spree

List of items I’d purchase are:

1. Canon EOS R6 Mirrorless Digital Camera $2,499

I’d get this camera because it’s a versatile tool to meet the photo. The full-frame refined 20MP CMOS senor and DIGIC X processor.

2. Dell U2415 24 “Widescreen LED Backlit IPS Monitor $209.95

I’d get this computer because it’s a widescreen display feature a 16:10 ratio with a 1920 x 1200 resolution.

3. GVM 800D- RGB LED Studio 3- Video Light Kit $349

I’d get this studio light because it’s a budget friendly setup with color and power option.

4. Godox VING V860IIS TTL Li-Ion Flash Kit for Sony Cameras $179

I’d get this flash because fully compatible with ADI/PTTL system, supports many advance and features.

That’s leave me with $6,763.05 dollars left to buy any other extra accessories.

Read and Reflect / Professional Photographer

Becoming a professional photographer would be a great job. It tends to further oneself in terms of knowledge and skills. Photography can be enjoyed alone or as a social event with a team of others. Being your own boss and motivator, being in control of your day-to-day schedule. Gets to travel while working to explore new shots. Free to follow our own creativity to bring it to life. Photography brings satisfaction, it’s nothing short of a privilege.